Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Starting It All Off...

Hello and thank you for visiting my Food & Photography blog!  Real quick, my name is Rick, I am 28 years old, I attend school at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh and also work full time for a Jeep Aftermarket Parts company in West Chester, PA.  I live in Southeast Pennsylvania, west of Philadelphia.  I'm writing this while watching the Philadelphia Flyers versus Pittsburgh Penguins game.  If I come off as distracted that is because I am!  Let's go Flyers!  (0-0).  Food has always been an enjoyable aspect of life for me.  I've been documenting most of what I eat and drink through Facebook on a regular basis.  This has lead several of my friends to remove me from their news feeds, and even from their friends lists because my photos make them hungry.  I can find solace in the fact that I know precisely how they feel.  I personally cannot watch Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern, or one of other countless shows on the Food Network, Travel Channel, and others without stuffing my face.  If I make the mistake of flipping on one of these shows with an empty stomach I do not sit on my couch for long!

I've always had a soft spot for desserts, no pun intended.  Whether in the form of my favorite Swedish Fish Gelati from Rita's Water Ice:


A Maple Creemie from countless stores in and near Burlington, Vermont:


A FroYo from Sweet Endings in Center City, Philadelphia:


Anything from Philly Flavors:


Or the the now vanished Dairy Queen Nerds Blizzard, they all have a space in my heart (and stomach).  An added bonus to my life is my girlfriend of 10 months who is an incredible chef.  Not only can she out-bake anyone I know (Pastries), but she can produce culinary masterpieces with the best of them:



This runs in her family as her father creates some beautifully plated, superbly seasoned, incredibly tasty dishes:


Thankfully, with the power of my many cameras and lenses, you will get to experience these art pieces from time to time.  I also have several friends who are masters of the kitchen, so you will be seeing their productions as well in this blog.  Though I cannot promise daily updates as I am in school and work full time, I will be updating this as often as possible.

I'll close this post with a note and some photos.  The Flyers are winning 3-2 with 4 minutes left in the 2nd period - again - Let's Go Flyers!  And now for your viewing pleasure, lunch courtesy of one of my favorite hoagie places in the area, as well as one of my favorite (Non-alcoholic) drinks:




Photos in this blog were taken with my HTC Thunderbolt 8 Megapixel camera.  Most of my high quality shots will be shot with my Nikon D2x and one of my lenses.  Stay tuned for more food and photography very shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment